Join the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC) to work at the cutting edge of drug health services!
Are you passionate about social justice and working with marginalised drug users? Are you able to work flexibly and creatively with a diverse client group in a low threshold setting? Do you have two years’ experience working with people who inject drugs? Then come and join our team at the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre (MSIC) www.sydneymsic.com.
Sydney MSIC is currently recruiting suitably qualified people to join our Health Education team as casual and part time Health Education Officers in Kings Cross.
Applicants need to be able available to work some or all weekday shifts 9.30-13.30hrs; 13.30-18.00hrs on an as-needed basis (backfilling leave), with some limited opportunities to work evening (18.00-22.00hrs) and weekends (9.30-13.30hrs; 13.30-18.00hrs). People successfully recruited into these positions will also have an opportunity to back-fill some part time positions on a regular basis between June and Sept 2014.
To be considered for one of our Heath Education Officer roles you must meet the essential criteria below.
• Qualifications in Welfare or Social Sciences, Psychology, Public Health or equivalent or working towards same.
• Understanding of and commitment to Harm Minimisation, Social Justice and the service delivery model of the Medically Supervised Injecting Centre. • Ability to work in a demanding and changeable environment.
• Understanding of the health, social and legal issues related to injecting drug use and marginalised populations.
• Understanding of the legislative, policy framework and values underpinning MSIC’s operation.
• Computer competence including word processing and the use of clinical databases. • 2 years’ experience working with people who inject drugs.
• Experience working in needle syringe services, drug and alcohol services, crisis or accommodation services.
• Experience in psychosocial and drug use assessment and referral, supportive counselling and crisis management.
This is an opportunity for you to work in a supportive and friendly work environment, which provides you with continuing education opportunities, and a chance to progress your career.
Love Your Work. Join Our Team. Make a Difference. Apply Now.
To obtain a position description or to submit an application please go to: www.unitingcarenswact.org.au/careers
For Further Information Contact: Sarah Hiley – Health Education Team Manager – 02 9360 1191
If you require assistance with your application please contact HR Services on (02) 1300 797 358.
Closing Date: 5pm on 8th May, 2014
Please visit our careers page www.unitingcarenswact.org.au/careers to view additional opportunities with UnitingCare NSW.ACT.
Appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Federal Criminal Records check. UnitingCare is an EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.