WHOS (We Help Ourselves) is based in NSW and QLD, and caters for individuals who are experiencing difficulties with Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) dependence. Our programs are based on the Therapeutic Community model of care. Transitional and Exit Housing is available to all WHOS clients after they have completed the residential treatment program.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Case Worker to join the WHOS Gateway Aftercare/Outreach service.
The primary focus of the Case Worker role will be working with clients in the Aftercare (‘Gateway’) phase of the WHOS program based in Rozelle (NSW). This program works with clients who have completed the main residential treatment programs and focuses on clients re-integration back into the community through a structured and supported program.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Minimum Cert IV in AOD / Community Services
- Minimum two years paid work experience in Alcohol & Other Drugs treatment services
- Case management experience
- Experience and knowledge of assisting clients into employment and training, relapse prevention and the development of independent living skills
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Computer literacy and word processing skills
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Therapeutic Community model.
The position reports to the WHOS Service Enhancement Team Manager and will also be expected to contribute to policy development, maintaining data records in relation to KPIs relating to this service and producing monthly activity reports.
Remuneration: Negotiated dependant on qualifications and experience equivalent to SCHDS Award. Successful applicants will need to provide current Police Record Check.
Please forward a covering letter addressing the Essential Selection Criteria and a copy of your current Resume to Steve Hocking, Service Enhancement Team Manager email@example.com . (02) 85727482
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT APPLY
Applications close: 5pm Monday May 23rd 2016.