TRAINING COORDINATOR (VIC, SA & TAS REGION)
Melbourne CBD Location
Part-time or Full-time negotiable (4-5 days)
Remuneration based on knowledge and experience (negotiable). SMART Recovery Australia (SRAU) offers salary packaging.
About SMART Recovery
SMART Recovery is a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based program for people with addictive behaviour. It is delivered in a facilitated mutual aid (self-help) group setting.
About SMART Recovery Australia
SMART Recovery Australia Limited is a registered Not-for-Profit Organisation as a company limited by guarantee. SRAU is also recognised as a health promotion charity.
SRAU Head office is in Haymarket, Sydney.
About the Role:
The Training Coordinator (Vic, SA & Tas Region) will report directly to the SMART Recovery Australian Executive Director and be responsible for the following:
- SMART Recovery training in the Vic, SA & Tas region.
- Assist the further development of SMART Recovery groups in Australia with the particular focus on the Vic, SA & Tas region.
- Assist the National Training Coordinator with other training.
- Assist the development and implementation of refresher and new training packages.
- Assist the SRAU team with marketing of the training and groups; including presenting at conferences.
- Assist the development and implementation of online groups.
- Assist with the evaluation of the training and groups.
- Participate in the research agenda of the organisation.
- Convene committees relevant to your role, as determined through negotiation with the Executive Director.
- Be prepared to travel interstate.
The role will receive remote secretariat support.
Skills and Attributes:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification, and a graduate degree in health promotion, psychology, education or similar will be favoured.
- High level of awareness of the alcohol and other drugs, addictions and mental health fields.
- At least 5 years experience in the related field(s).
- Can demonstrate excellence in facilitation and presentation skills.
- Can demonstrate a solid understanding of models of peer support.
- High level written, verbal, information technology and digital media skills.
- Demonstrate can work independently, and as part of a small team.
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Have had experience training on-line.
- Have had experience un-paid or paid work for a Not-for-Profit organisation.
For a copy of the position description email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must:
- Provide a cover letter as part of their application
- Address the essential and highly desirable criteria, detailing how they best meet the criteria.
- Provide a C.V. with three references.
For more information:
Contact: Josette Freeman Email: email@example.com
Phone: 02-9373-5100 Website: www.smartrecoveryaustralia.com.au
Application close on: 5pm Wednesday 30th April 2014
Please email applications to: Ryan McGlaughlin, Executive Director