A suite of training videos demonstrating screening for co-occurring mental health-substance use concerns has now been posted athttp://www.youtube.com/user/DualDiagnosisANZ
Developed by Greg Logan with the Victorian Dual Diagnosis Initiative the videos demonstrate the use of the
- ASSIST screening tool to screen for problematic substance use.
- K10 screening tool to gain an indication of a client’s level of psychological distress
- Modified Mini screening tool to assess a client’s need for further assessment in regard to any mood, anxiety or psychotic disorder
- PsyCheck screening tool to detect a client’s mental health symptoms
- Sensitive questioning to detect any co-occurring mental health concerns