SENIOR POLICY OFFICER
Package up to $90,000
The Alcohol Education & Rehabilitation Foundation (AER Foundation) is seeking a senior policy officer to work in Canberra. The AER Foundation works to prevent the harms associated with alcohol misuse through advocating for population-based strategies.
The Policy Officer’s responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking high-quality research into current and emerging alcohol policy;
• Preparing policy positions, reports and submissions to government;
• Maintaining and developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including government representatives and community organisations; and
• Contributing to the development of advocacy strategies to further policy positions.
Applicants must demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Proven experience in policy development;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated capacity to work with a diverse range of stakeholders; and
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, manage and prioritise workload and work to tight timelines.
The successful applicant will be able to access salary sacrificing options available to a health promotion charity. The AER Foundation is located in Deakin and offers a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Applicants will need to submit a letter/statement of no more than 500 words indicating their suitability for the position and a CV.
For more information call Caterina Giorgi on (02) 6122 8600. Email applications to email@example.com.
Applications close on 18 May 2011.