Health Service Manager, Level 2
Alcohol & Drug Service, St Vincent’s Hospital
Position No: 235394
Applications Close: 24/07/2015 5:00 PM
Location: St Vincents Hospital- Darlinghurst Campus Sydney NSW
Work Type: Permanent – Full Time (Mon – Fri 38 hrs)
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and motivated individual seeking a Full Time management role within the Stimulant Services of St Vincent’s Alcohol and Drug Service. The Stimulant Services (incorporating the Stimulant Treatment Program and “S-Check”) is a leading innovator in responding to stimulant use disorders within the drug and alcohol sector. As the Stimulant Services Manager your responsibilities include all operational, financial, and human resource management of the unit. Working within a harm minimisation framework, you will be responsible for ensuring high quality patient-centred care is delivered in a safe environment for both staff and clients. In addition, the Stimulant Services Manager will provide both clinical oversight and leadership, and drive quality improvement initiatives, clinical policy and procedure development and implementation.
St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney (SVHNS) is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
All applicants are required to address the Selection Criteria in their application:
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission, and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
- Postgraduate tertiary qualification in a drug and alcohol-related clinical specialty or management (or willingness to undertake the same in 12 months) or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated financial, quality and risk management, human resource, workplace health and safety and skills within an organisational context.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and organise staff to achieve organisational, professional outcomes with the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience of pharmacotherapy treatment as part of harm minimisation approach to alcohol and drug problems.
- Demonstrated advanced computer literacy with MS Excel, Word, email and an electronic patient record system.
- Proven effective negotiation and communication skills (written and verbal) with a wide range of stakeholders including patients, public and network representatives.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads within a complex environment.
Enquiries: Jenny O’Mahony, Manager Inner City Health, 02 8382 1519 or 0418 247 178
For further information and to apply, please go to: http://www.careersatsvmhs.com.au