The National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA) is pleased to announce that in 2015 it will host a national conference on identifying, preventing and responding to alcohol and other drug problems among older Australians.
The Grey Matters National Conference will be held on:
Wednesday 1 April 2015 9am – 5pm at the Marion Cultural Centre, 287 Diagonal Road, Oaklands Park, Adelaide.
The Conference aims to:
· Promote better understanding, and raise awareness of, alcohol and other drug issues as they impact older Australians
· Clarify the implications, for the aged care sector and the alcohol and other drug prevention / treatment sector, of trends in alcohol and drug use among older Australians
· Identify possible ways forward for cross-sectoral initiatives and response strategies.
Who should attend?
· Aged care service providers (community and residential) and policy staff
· Alcohol and other drug prevention, treatment and policy staff
· Primary care workers with a role in meeting the health and welfare needs of older Australians
A Conference flyer can be downloaded from: http://nceta.flinders.edu.au/workforce/projects_and_research/alcohol-and-drug-use-ageing-populations/events/
More details will be provided early in 2015.