|Manager, Harm Minimisation Program
(HSM Level 2) F/T
|Permanent Full Time
|Sydney Local Health District
|Health Service Manager (Level 2)
|$86,451.00 – $102,538.00
|0425 288 568
Purpose of Position
- Manage delivery of frontline clinical services of the Needle Syringe Program (including primary and secondary service delivery) across Sydney Local Health District in line with Ministry of Health policy and guidelines and evidence based practice
- Manage human and financial resources
- Develop strategic and annual business plans for the service
- Coordinate management of health promotion programs targeting consumers and the community
- Manage contentious issues relating to service delivery and escalate as appropriate
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders including Ministry of Health; SLHD clinical services; government and non-government organisations; peak bodies; community
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in the application of harm minimisation principles as they relate to injecting drug use, and understanding of relevant National and State policies.
- Demonstrated experience in operationally managing programs across multiple sites including strong human, financial and physical resource management experience
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of strategic, business and operational plans with experience in monitoring and evaluating outcomes
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and written communication skills with experience managing partnerships with government, non-government and community sectors.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultural communities including Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementation and evaluation of projects including health promotion programs and innovation / service enhancement.
- Unrestricted NSW driver’s licence (P2 licence is acceptable)
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check
ONLY PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OR TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES WITH 12 MONTHS CONTINUOUS SERVICE WITH NSW HEALTH ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
The SLHD vision is “To Achieve Excellence in Healthcare for All”. This embeds concepts of patient and family centred care, equity, health improvement, timeliness and efficiency, recognising that evidence-based service delivery requires highly skilled and valued staff supported by research, education and state-of-the-art technologies.
The SLHD goals focus on patients, staff, community and the need for excellence in services, education, research and organisational support. Central to the District’s workplace culture are the “CORE Values” articulated by the NSW Ministry of Health in our Code of Conduct.
As an employee of SLHD you will be expected to uphold and promote these important CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment which inform every aspect of the District’s activities. These CORE values build upon the public sector values of integrity, trust, service and accountability.
For more information please go to: https://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?Id=207505