Invitation to Reducing alcohol harms: A global perspective
Want to know how Australia compares to other countries in alcohol policy development?
Want to know what policies are working overseas to reduce alcohol harms and how Australia can learn from these experiences?
The Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) and the Kettil Bruun Society invite you to attend a public forum on alcohol policy featuring experts from around the world.
Professor Robin Room, Director of the Centre for Alcohol Policy Research (CAPR) will facilitate the forum which will include presentations from:
- Professor Petra Meier, Sheffield Alcohol Research Group, University of Sheffield, England
- Professor Charles Parry, Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Research Unit, Medical Research Council of South Africa
- Dr Ann Hope, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College, Ireland
- Associate Professor David Jernigan, Centre on Alcohol Marketing and Youth, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, United States of America
- Professor Tanya Chikritzhs, National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University, Australia
- Professor Sally Casswell, SHORE, Massey University, New Zealand
To hear world leading researchers talking about alcohol policy, RSVP today.
Date: 12 September 2014
Time: 10.00am – 1pm
Venue: Ballroom at Fitzroy Town Hall, 201 Napier Street, Fitzroy
RSVP: By COB 8 September 2014 to Sarah Maloney by email email@example.com or phone (02) 6122 8600.
The Kettil Bruun Society Thematic meeting and related events are supported with funding from VicHealth, the City of Yarra and the Australian Government Department of Health.
Follow the link to the official invitation.