If you have great people skills, are motivated by smoking cessation, harm reduction and client-centred practice, then Quitline would love to hear from you.
Alcohol and Drug Clinicians to work as a NSW Quitline Advisor
- Fixed term (minimum 6 months), Part time positions
- 16 to 32 hours per week
St Vincent’s Hospital Alcohol and Drug Service is a long standing centre for excellence providing drug health specialist assistance in a range of face to face treatment clinics and harm reduction by educating, advising and referring the public via telephone and web services. It is well reputed as a training ground for professional health workers in the Alcohol and Drug field.
We are looking for clinicians keen to work across our services. This recruitment round is for staff for the NSW Quitline which works to help people quit smoking tobacco…and stay quit.
If you are energetic, qualified and keen to reduce the harms caused by smoking, we would be happy to welcome you to our friendly team. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island Health Workers are encouraged to apply. We also welcome bilingual applicants.
The successful applicants would work rotating shift rosters. NSW Quitline requires you to be a non-smoker.
Please read these criteria carefully. You will be contacted to discuss your application if you have responded to all the following criteria.
- Appropriate health qualification and registration
- Demonstrated awareness of alcohol and drug issues
- Demonstrated awareness of smoking cessation issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of harm reduction when working with clients
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy skill (minimum intermediate level)
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with a database
- Demonstrated interest in working as a team member
- Demonstrated interest in professional development
- Demonstrated knowledge of alcohol and drug issues in culturally diverse communities.
- Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive PD2011_005.
- The Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries
- Counselling experience.
- People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background encouraged to apply
- Experience working with alcohol and drug dependent people in a specialist or non specialist setting.
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, at least with Microsoft Office.
- Call Centre/ telecommunications experience.
- Smoking cessation related work experience.
- Current NSW drivers licence.
David Lester, Manager, Phone: (02) 8382 1055
Applicants are requested to apply online and to address the selection criteria.
Please address your application to: David Lester, Manager.