Family Drug Support (FDS) is a caring, non-religious organisation which provides non-judgmental, non-directive support and information for families and friends of drug and/or alcohol users across Australia. Support services and programmes for families of drug dependents are recognised gaps in most drug treatment services. Since 1977, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes in this area.
Family Drug Support is seeking a Project Officer for our Bridging the Divide Project 3.5 days per week.
The role is to create partnerships with drug treatment services to increase their capacity to work effectively with families. The primary aim is to improve the efficacy of drug treatment by involving and supporting families of the drug user.
Location of position: situated in Sydney and covering Southern and Western NSW incorporating South, West and inner Sydney and the ACT.
– Create partnerships with treatment services
– Liaise with drug treatment services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
– Establish family support groups
– Provide counselling for families
– Run group counselling for families
– Provide comprehensive training for workers in treatment services to provide the above services
– Deliver Stepping Forward programs
– Deliver Stepping Stones to Success programs
– Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work or other relevant social science.
– Participation in relevant workforce development activities
– Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. APS.AASW, APSAD).