An opportunity has become available for a suitably qualified clinician to work within the Liverpool MERIT Team based at Liverpool, NSW. The position is full time maternity relief until November 2014 with a possible extension of up to 12 months. Please see the position details below.
|Position Title||Social Worker/Counsellor/Welfare Officer (Level 1/2) /Psychologist/HEO Grad – MERIT Program Liverpool F/T|
|Employment Status||Temporary Full Time (up to 10/11/2014)|
|Entity||South Western Sydney Local Health District|
|Award Classification||Dependent on qualifications|
|Number of FTE||1.00|
|Purpose of Position||The provision of assessments, case management and co-ordination of clinical and welfare interventions to MERIT clients throughout their bail period of up to three months. This position provides written and oral reports for the clients who remain under the court’s supervision through the program.|
|Full time Maternity Leave Relief up to November 2014 with a possible extension up to a further 12 months.|
|Selection Criteria||This position requires a Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website www.kids.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/new-working-with-children-check
• Relevant tertiary qualifications, AHPRA registration or membership to relevant professional organisation as required
• Clinical skills in assessment, case management and counselling.
• Knowledge of the harm reduction approach to drug and alcohol problems and demonstrated experience in the provision of interventions with drug dependent clients.
• High quality communication skills including the provision of quality written reports within a given timeframe.
• Demonstrated organisational and administrative competence including basic computer literacy and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
• Unrestricted NSW drivers licence (P2 licence acceptable).
|Contact Person Patrick Leahy|
|Contact Number 0425 330 381|
For more information, please follow this link: