Family Drug Support is seeking a project officer for our Bridging the Divide Project 3.5 days per week.
Your role is to create partnerships with drug treatment services to increase their capacity to work effectively with families. This is achieved by offering a range of family support programmes aimed specifically to improve the psychosocial and emotional health of families and to assist in building the capacity and skills of drug treatment services to better engage with families and carers of those in treatment.
Location of position: situated in Sydney and covering regional NSW areas and ACT
– Create partnership with treatment services
– Liaise with drug treatment services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
– Establish family support groups
– Provide counselling for families
– Run group counselling for families
– Offer group counselling for families and their drug dependent
– Provide comprehensive training for workers in treatment services to provide the above services
– Establish Stepping Stones programs
– Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work or other relevant social science.
– Participation in relevant workforce development activities
– Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. APS.AASW, APSAD).
– Goals oriented and high level of organisation
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties.
– Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
– Experience in working with families
– Extensive group counselling skills and experience
– Well versed in and accepting of harm minimisation/reduction philosophy and approach
– Ability to work with a range of drug treatment service providers
– Available for intra-and interstate travel.
Training & Support
– FDS will provide full training and support
Salary package of $72K (pro rata for this position) and will include motor vehicle expenses, mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer.
– A one year contract will be offered.