6 March 2013
Nominations open for the inaugural National Preventive Health Awards
Australians are being encouraged to nominate employers promoting healthy workplaces and preventive health issues in the inaugural National Preventive Health Awards.
The Awards aim to showcase current, practical and effective workplace programs that benefit the well-being of employees. The Awards encourage leadership in the area of preventive health and will promote greater awareness of the health challenges we face as a nation.
Chief Executive Officer of the Australian National Preventive Health Agency, Louise Sylvan today officially opened the Awards which will recognise excellence and best practice in the field of prevention and health promotion across four key sectors; workplaces, research, Medicare Locals and the media.
“We know there are many people and organisations who contribute so much time and energy supporting prevention and better health and well-being around Australia,” said Ms Sylvan.
“These Awards allow us to recognise the invaluable effort of those promoting healthy lifestyles to enhance the quality of life for many Australians.”
The Awards cover the following four main categories:
(1) Healthy Workplace Awards (3 sub-categories)
- Team Excellence in Workplace Well-Being Small Workplace (1-19 workers)
- Team Excellence in Workplace Well-Being Medium Workplace (20-199 workers)
- Team Excellence in Workplace Well-Being Medium Workplace (200+ workers)
(2) Prevention in Medicare Locals Awards (2 sub-categories)
- Team Excellence and Achievement in Prevention
- Excellence and Achievement in addressing Disadvantage
(3) Preventive Health Translational Research Award
(4) Excellence in Preventive Health Journalism Award
Entries are open until 15 April 2013.
The Awards are being managed by the Australian National Preventive Health Agency. The Agency is committed to improving health outcomes for all Australians and in partnership with the Commonwealth and the State and Territory governments, is driving the national capacity for change and innovation around preventive health policies and programs.
To learn more about the Awards and apply online visit: www.anpha.gov.au