|Coordinator Blood Borne Virus Program Prevention
|Permanent Full Time
|Western NSW Local Health District
|Dependent on qualifications
| $1,011.70 – $1,497.80
Purpose of Position
The Coordinator, Blood Borne Virus (BBV) prevention program is responsible for planning, coordinating , implementing and evaluating of the blood borne virus prevention program in Western NSW Local Health District (WNSW LHD) and Far West Local Health District (FW LHD). This includes involvement in harm minimisation, health promotion BBV prevention activities, needle syringe program (NSP), community sharps disposal, hepatitis C, HIV and sexual health.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Bachelor degree or equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of injecting drug use issues, needle syringe program (NSP) and blood borne viruses (BBV) including Hepatitis C treatment
- Understanding of national strategies and state and Local Health District policies and practices in relation to NSP, harm minimisation and blood borne virus (BBV) prevention
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in government and non-government sectors
- Previous experience in planning, implementation and evaluation of community development and health development programs
- Highly developed communication skills including computer literacy in Word processing, presentations, data entry, report writing, minutes, e-mail and internet
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Evidence of a current Class C drivers licence to undertake travel for work purposes.
for further information, please click here: https://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?Id=120797