The Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education (FARE), formerly known as the Alcohol Education & Rehabilitation Foundation, has partnered with the ATCA to support the attendance of workers in the alcohol and other drug field at the upcoming ATCA symposium in to be held in Launceston in August.
Sponsorship is available for organisations that pursue best-practice goals by developing the knowledge and expertise of staff that work in the alcohol and other drug sector. Organisations need to demonstrate the benefits that staff will gain through attendance at the symposium.
While a number of the scholarships have been taken up, there is some funding available for attendance, with 1 person per organisation eligible to receive funding. Justification of the expenditure items proposed must be provided at the time of applying for the scholarship funding round.
Symposium Attendance Sponsorship will cover:
• Necessary travel to the location of the symposium by rural and remote workers and early career researchers;
• Accommodation close to the symposium to reduce daily travel;
• Symposium Registration (standard price and Symposium Dinner);
Symposium Attendance Sponsorship will not cover:
• Travel allowance including meals (except symposium dinner)
• Backfill of positions during conferences
• Airport transfers
This project aims to:
• Assist individuals in rural and remote Australia to attend the conference.
• Assist new researchers (in the first three years of their career) to attend the symposium.
The ATCA Board and Symposium Organising Committee invites organisations and individuals who believe they fit the criteria to apply for funding. Further details are available by contacting Lynne Magor-Blatch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org