To register and for more information please click here.
This is the second National Cannabis Conference, following the inaugural conference in Sydney in 2009.
Scholarships to attend conference for Queensland-based workers
Dovetail is proud to support NCPIC and workers from Queensland-based youth and AOD organisations by offering 5 free Cannabis Conference Scholarship packages. Click here for details.
The topic areas have been chosen to respond to the developing evidence-base on issues such as cannabis and mental health. The emerging areas to be featured will include:
- cannabis use and intervention approaches among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities;
- school based approaches to preventing and reducing cannabis use;
- the role of genetics in cannabis use and dependence;
- the relationship between cannabis and tobacco;
- synthetic cannabinoids; and
- promising approaches to cannabis and comorbid mental health conditions.
The conference will include perspectives from health, education, youth services and criminal justice sectors.
There will be workshops on Wednesday followed by the 2-day conference on Thursday and Friday which mixes national and international keynote speakers, free papers, “datablitz”, posters, and social and networking opportunities.
The conference will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
We look forward to welcoming you to Brisbane!
- 9AM-5PM Wednesday, 19th September 2012, Workshops/Symposia
- 9AM-5PM Thursday, 20th September 2012
- 9AM-5PM Friday, 21st September 2012
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre