Harm Reduction Victoria: Chief Executive Officer
· Unique opportunity for an experienced senior manager
· Lead the delivery of services, support and advocacy
· Melbourne based
Harm Reduction Victoria (HRVic) works to advance the health, social justice and dignity of people in Victoria who use drugs. Established in 1989 as an independent, user-driven, community based organisation, HRVic is a voice for drug users on key issues, particularly around injecting drug use. It provides education, practical support, information and advocacy. The HRVic Board is seeking to appoint a new CEO to lead this unique organisation.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader with passion and commitment to improving the human rights of people who use drugs and the following attributes:
· Sophisticated understanding of, and commitment to, harm reduction based policies and practices
· Highly developed people and financial management skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to work collaboratively and develop strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders including the Board, members, government and the community.
Experience and understanding of drug policy, HIV/AIDS or related public health fields is highly desirable.
To apply, visit our website, sladepartners.com.au quoting Ref No 200069526. Include a brief covering letter addressing the key selection criteria with a current resume. For all enquiries contact Cheryl Goldsmith or Sally Judd at Slade Partners on 9235 5100. Applications close COB Monday 14th November 2011.