Family Drug Support is seeking a project officer to work on an exciting new project.
Support services and programmes for families of drug dependents are recognised gaps in most drug treatment services. Since 1977, Family Drug Support has successfully provided programmes in this area. Recent Government grant provides funding to extend FDS’ support services into treatment services nationwide.
Your role is to create partnerships with drug treatment services to increase their capacity to work effectively with families. The primary aim is to improve the efficacy of drug treatment by involving and supporting families of the drug user. This is achieved by offering a range family therapy programmes aimed specifically to improve the psychosocial and emotional health of families and to assist in building the capacity and skills of drug treatment services to better engage with families and carers of those in treatment.
Location of position: This is a National position but preferably living in NSW
– Create partnership with treatment services
– Liaise with drug treatment services and assist them to identify skills and capacities in working with families and carers of those in treatment that need enhancement.
– Establish family support groups
– Provide counselling for families
– Run group counselling for families
– Offer group counselling for families and their drug dependent
– Provide comprehensive training for workers in treatment services to provide the above services
– Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work or other relevant social science.
– Participation in relevant workforce development activities
– Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. APS.AASW, APSAD).
– Goals oriented and high level of organisation
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Proven experience in working with people experiencing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties.
– Commitment to personal and professional growth and development
– Experience in working with families
– Extensive group counselling skills and experience
– Well versed in and accepting of harm minimisation/reduction philosophy and approach
– Ability to work with a range of drug treatment service providers
– Available for intra-and interstate travel.
Training & Support
– FDS will provide full training and support
A generous salary package of $70K will be negotiated and will include motor vehicle, mobile telephone, laptop computer and printer.
– A one year contract will be offered commencing as soon as possible but with the proviso that from July 1st 2011 is subject to funding extension.
Send expression of interest and CV to:
Mr T Trimingham OAM
Family Drug Support
PO Box 7363
Leura NSW 2780