This is a senior academic position. It will be reporting to the Director of Research, FSMed and supported by University of New South Wales partners.
The position will be based in Suva.
The Coordinator will have responsibility for establishing, building and managing the Pacific Centre for HIV and STI Research in accordance with the requirements of the funding agreement/s for the Centre.
Key Responsibilities – Please refer to the FSMed website for a detailed Job Description.
Qualifications & Experience
· Postgraduate degree in Public Health, Sociology or other related discipline.
· Evidence of active HIV, STI or related research interests
· Good understanding of Pacific culture
· Demonstrated success at management of people and organisational resources
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience in preparing applications for research funding.
· PhD in Public Health, Sociology or other related discipline.
· Demonstrated ability to contribute to the research development of early career researchers, and postgraduate and honours students.
· Experience in budgeting for research projects
· Able to work independently and exercise initiative
Salary Range :- Senior Research Fellow 55,708 – 66,000 Fiji dollars p.a.
Application forms are available from our website at www.fsm.ac.fj or from the Human Resources Secretary, FSMed, Brown Street, Suva, Fiji.
Printed, electronic or faxed versions of the completed application forms, your curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of original certificates, together with the names of three professional referees must be received no later than 18th February, 2009 and sent to :-
The Human Resources Manager,
Fiji School of Medicine,
Private Mail Bag,