Manly Drug Education and Counselling Centre
Mental Health Coordinator
56 hours per fortnight (3 year contract)
The Manly Drug Education and Counselling Centre (MDECC) is inviting applications from qualified individuals for the new position of Mental Health Coordinator.
MDECC is a non-government organisation based in Manly. The Centre provides drug treatment programs and a range of health promotion interventions. MDECC is funded by NSW Health and supported by the local community. MDECC operates within a Harm Reduction philosophy relative to alcohol and other drug use. The successful applicant will be a mental health professional with recent program development experience.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Tertiary qualifications in psychology, health, or social sciences.
· Demonstrated recent mental health promotion experience.
· Demonstrated drug and alcohol knowledge.
· Previous application of harm reduction principles.
· Recent program development experience.
· Excellent communication and consultation skills.
· Current NSW driver’s licence.
· Postgraduate qualifications in a related field.
· Knowledge of EEO policies and practices.
Enquires: Kerri Lawrence, Manager 9977 0711
Information Package: Sue Hoyle, Office Administrator 9977 0711
Applications to: The Manager, MDECC, 91 Pittwater Road, Manly 2095
Applications Close 29th February 2008