“The Health Promotion Officer is instrumental in the coordination of health promotion programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual health and hepatitis C. This will include planning, developing, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs.
This position will concentrate on health promotion for the priority groups, including youth, PLWHA, gay men and sex workers. The aim of these programs is to reduce the incidence and impact of HIV, sexually transmissible infections and hepatitis C.
Budget No./Position No.: 2516300A04
Position Title: Health Promotion Officer
Facility: Population Health & Planning – Area
Classification: Health Education Officer – Graduate
Award: 25 – Health Education Officers Determination
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 38 hours per week
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in social/behavioural sciences or public health/community health or education or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated experience in Health Promotion planning, implementation and evaluation.
3. Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships with HIV and sexual health services, other government departments, and/or non government organisations.
4. Understanding and sensitivity to the issues affecting priority target groups.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Experience working in the fields of HIV/AIDS, sexual health or hepatitis C.
7. Current driver’s licence.
A/Team Leader,HARP Unit, Southern Network
Ph: 9382 8128”