“South Eastern Sydney Illawarra Area Health Service
Applications are invited for the position of Social Worker (level 2) attached to a dynamic Hepatology dept at St George Hospital, Kogarah.
The Social worker is responsible for providing assessment, management and evaluation of developed strategies to people who present in crisis, live with complex psycho-social issues within a chronic disease model of care. The social worker will work both autonomously and within a multi disciplinary team.
Social Worker Level 2
St. George Hospital
1. Post graduate social worker experience
2. Demonstrated interpersonal skills
3. Demonstrated communication skills
4. Demonstrated ability to work within a multi disciplinary team and autonomously
5. Computer literacy demonstrated by experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and electronic mailing
6. Experience working with people who have complex psycho-social needs
7. Experience working with people in crisis
8. Experience working with people living with a chronic illness
9. Demonstrated capacity to act as patient advocate
10. Demonstrated experience with government agencies such as CentreLink
1. Experience working with people living with hepatitis C virus
2. Experience working in Alcohol and other Drug setting
3. Experience establishing support groups
Position is 24 hours per week for 12 months duration, with view to extend.
Contact Name For Position Enquiries
Suzanne Polis on (02) 9113 2407 or Suzanne.Polis@sesiahs.health.nsw.gov.au”