Wanted! an experienced and enthusiastic project officer to manage the Community Sharps Management Project (CSMP). This statewide project aims to promote a healthy and safe environment through improving the management of community sharps.
The project uses a partnership approach with local government, public health sectors, government/non-government agencies and the community in order to implement best practice community sharps management policies and practices across NSW.
The position is located within the HIV/AIDS & Related Programs Unit based in South Eastern Sydney Local health District but will implement project activities across NSW. Some travel within NSW will be required
Senior Projects Officer (Community Sharps)
Temporary Full Time (up to 31/07/2015)
Health Managers (State) Award – Health Mgr Lvl 2 ($80,640 – $95,646)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent Local Government or Waste Industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of issues associated with community sharps and clinical waste management.
- Understanding of relevant State and Local Government legislative requirements and relevant guidelines for the management of community sharps and clinical waste.
- Demonstrated high level negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project management.
- Demonstrated experience working with local councils on public health or environmental health issues/projects.
- Understanding of the principles of Harm Minimisation and the NSW Needle and Syringe Program.
- Current NSW driver’s license